New to Proboards or RPing? Apr 7, 2016 13:54:15 GMT -8
Post by ➸THE rainyday➸ on Apr 7, 2016 13:54:15 GMT -8
Is this your first time making an account on a Proboards forum or even your first time roleplaying? Worry not, as this guide was made for you! Below you will find a plethora of information, suggestions, and instructions to make your arrival and integration into the Betrayal community as smooth as possible.Just Joined?Here are a few things to do right after joining. These are things you should do before anything else, to get a sense of the community and if it's the right sort for you.
- Say hi in the chatbox! We don't bite, promise. Betrayal is a warm, friendly community. If somebody's online, they'll say hello.
- Post an intro thread! Tell us a little about yourself, your roleplay experiences or preferences, some of your hobbies or interests. It'll help you meet members with similar experiences, hobbies and/or interests.
- Check out the Introductions board for anyone else who's new! Chat with them, learn the site together.Ready to Make a Character?Once you've made your way through the previous list, head on over to the Creation board to get started. One of the threads mentioned is here in the FAQS//Suggestions//Complaints board.
- Check out the bans and needs. This will prevent you from having to alter your character due to a conflict with a ban, and may give the site more of the type of character we need.
- Glance through the taken names list. Make sure that there is, at most one other character with the prefix you want. Try to avoid having the exact same name as another character.
- Check the Clan numbers. If you're not particular about which Clan your cat goes to, the Clan with the fewest cats would appreciate the numbers.
- If you don't want to come up with something completely on your own or want to start off with some plots and relationships, check out the ...Someone to RP These Cats! board and peruse the adoption threads.
- Read through the bio code, and check out the bio guide to make sure you understand the rules and restrictions Betrayal has.All Set to RP?Now that you've made a character and they've been approved, the real fun begins! Remember that all in-character (IC) posts must be in one of the "LET'S RP!" boards and 100 words long, at minimum.
- Set up a plotting thread in the I Need... board and comb through some of the others there. See if there are any characters you could have interact with your own. Get to cooking up some evil!
- Set up a character log. It may not seem necessary with your first character, but with time, you'll accumulate enough relationships, events, threads, and characters that it'll be a great organizational help.
- Check out the RP boards for your cat's Clan and the Unclaimed Territories for any threads without replies that seem interesting. Don't be afraid to post anywhere, so long as the title of the thread has some form of [Open] in the title.
- Can't find an open thread that suits your fancy? Start one of your own!Want Something from the Site Shop?Features available include odd eyes, polydactyl paws (extra toes), former Tribe cats, alternate sexualities, canon relatives, unusual eye colors and markings, and dreams from StarClan.
- Post whenever you can. Every little bit counts! Every time you post, out of character or in, is worth two points.
- Participate in the games. Do your best, even if you're not quite sure how to play.
- Start a thread in the Chat board about something you're interested in. Get a conversation going.
- Plot like the little devil that sits upon your shoulder. Play devil's advocate to the details.
- Make up a game of your own and help get it going!Feel the Need to Learn or Teach?We have a Roleplay School available for the new roleplayer to learn some skills, and for those who feel they can improve to hone their skills. This is a voluntary feature on the part of both students and teachers, and the staff cannot force anyone to participate. However, those who struggle to reach the word count (100 words) are encouraged to sign up.
- Sign up for the Roleplay school as a teacher or a student.
- If you sign up as a student, check out the style and skill of the teachers. Try to think of who would best suit your needs.
- If you sign up as a teacher and are approved, try and find a student to teach. PM Rainy or Kin if you find a student you think would do best learning from you.